Way too often we are stressed out by long To-Do-lists and forget to be excited about what’s coming up. This list is a collection of things I want to see and do, people I want to meet up with and things to learn I’m interested in – before the end of the year 2023.
I hope it inspires you to also make some awesome plans that you are looking forward to.
Locations I want to visit
- Vienna: The architecture looks amazing and I was influenced by all the TikToks about Vienna’s magical winters and Christmas markets.
- A client side in industry: As an IT consultant I’ve been working on a project related to automating an industry process and they are going to give us a tour. So this is a very specific location, but I’m being vague to not disclose the client.
Things I want to learn & Papers I want to read
- LLaMA: Open and Efficient Foundation Language Models, https://arxiv.org/abs/2302.13971
- Llama 2: Open Foundation and Fine-Tuned Chat Models, https://arxiv.org/abs/2307.09288
- Lost in the Middle: How Language Models Use Long Contexts, https://arxiv.org/abs/2307.03172
- GPT 1 Improving Language Understanding by Generative Pre-Training, https://www.mikecaptain.com/resources/pdf/GPT-1.pdf
- GPT 2: Language Models are Unsupervised Multitask Learners, https://insightcivic.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/language-models.pdf
Books I want to read
- The Atlas Paradox by Olivie Blake
- The Fragile Threads of Power by V.E. Schwab
- Babel by R.F. Kuang
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon (this one is huge, so I hope to read this in my time off from work in December)
Things I want to change in my home
- Hang up two artworks on the walls
- Paint the hallway (potentially dark green… we’ll see)
Hobbies and sports I want to reactivate
- Running: Ideally, I would want to be able to run a 5k in under 40 minutes again.
- Painting: Paint two acrylic canvases.
Small moments I want to experience
- See the new Hunger Games movie (prequel, called The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes) in cinema
- Visit the Vienna Christmas markets
Content I want to publish
- Write 10 more blog posts (Advent of Code is coming up, so this should be an easy one. Ideally I’d write a few non-Advent-of-Code articles as well though.)
- Actually, I also want to participate in Advent of Code again! See here for my old posts about it.
- Publish 5 more Youtube videos: Youtube is an intimidating place, but I want to try and make it my home again.
And some goals that are a bit out of my control but that I will write down even though they seem very unlikely:
- Reach 25k Instagram followers (currently 21k)
- Reach 5k LinkedIn followers (currently 1.5k)
- Reach 4k watch hours on YouTube and get monetized as a result (currently 2k). This would actually be insane to achieve.